Category: AGE ON STAGE
2/6 -2018 at Dansens Hus
Age On Stage – 20 years with Compagnie Jus de la Vie
8-17th of October 2015 at the Dance Museum
A Festival about these passionate people who never give up. After 30 years there is nothing more to prove. Only the strong longing to be themselves, to mold what means the most – to shake the world wordlessly, bottomless, and carefree. And they fucking burn for it.
20 years anniversary of Compagnie Jus de la Vie. 10 days of celebrating still being on stage. Performances, prize winning dance films, photo exhibition, classes, panel discussions and seminar about age on stage. Grande finale gala performance with artists from Batsheva, Forsythe, The Royal Swedish Ballet, DV8, Complexions, Farm in the Cave and Jus de la Vie.
The festival includes:
- Performances: LUCKY, ANTITHESIS and PAS DE DEUX SANS TOI by Öfverholm, Rhoden, Cortes.
- Films: DV8 Physical Theatre, Farm in The Cave, Alta Rea-litat, Anders J. Larsson.
- Classes: with Laura Bernasconi
- Seminar & Discussions: Age On Stage. Talks about transcending the traditional conventions and expectations on dance and age.
- Grand finale Gala Performance at RIVAL Performers with over 25 years of stage experiences from Forsythe, DV8, The Royal Swedish Ballet, Complexions, Batsheva, Farm in the Cave and Jus de la Vie.
- Participating Artists: Desmond Richardson (USA), Amancio Gonzalez (DE), Jordi Cortes (ES), Dwight Rhoden (USA), Wendy Hoostoun (UK), Talia Paz (IS), Hana Varadzinova (CZ), Eliska Vavrikova (CZ), Dragos Mihalcea (ROU), Marie Lindqvist, Jan- Erik Wikström, Lindy Larsson, Lauri Antila, James Friedman, Tobias Hallgren and Charlotta Öfverholm (S).
- In collaboration with: the Dance Museum/Dansmuséet, Stockholm(S).
During 20 years Cie Jus de la Vie has created a number of production collaborations that have been performed in Sweden and internationally. Jus de la Vie has provided strongly to a rich international exchange regarding the Swedish dance platform, and has contributed as a Swedish representative abroad both artistically and pedagogically.
Summary of the previous 20 years
– Toured 22 countries.
– Created 36 productions.
– Initiated 32 co-operations with theatres and choreographers.
– Involved circa 60 dancers, singers, light and costume designers, musicians, film makers, scenographers.
– Price winner as the best dance/solo artist in Germany: “Beste Deutsche Tanzsolo” in Euro Scene Leipzig. Öfverholm was also nominated to the “Thalia Prize” in Prague, Czech Republic.
– Created three productions with integrated dance for people with learning differences.
– Done workshops and taught in 20 countries.
THE ARTISTIC IDEA CONTENT
300 years of experience from performing arts and dance will gather during Festival Fucking Burn It-Age on Stage. The festival will illuminate the best of performative dance knowledge from an international perspective through high quality of movement, storytelling, and music. Festival Fucking Burn It- Age on Stage! will celebrate and bring forward respected performers who, during 30 years, have been artistic creators with a solid life experience.
A photo exchibition at the restaurang at Dansmuseet curated by Håkan Larsson with pictures from several photographers from Compagnie Jus de la Vies former productions
Pas de deux sans toi by Charlotta Öfverholm and Jordi Cortes with Lindy Larsson and Charlotta Öfverholm
– Antithesis by Dwight Rhoden with Dragos Mihalcea and Charlotta Öfverholm
– LUCKY by and with Charlotta Öfverholm
Prizewinning dance films:
-The cost of living,Enter Achilles, Strange Fish by DV8 Physical Theatre and Lloyd Newson.
-Coup de Graces by Jordi Cortes. Director Clara van Gool, co-production Key Film, NL and Alta Realitas ES.
-Waiting Room by Farm in the Cave, Viliam Docolomansky Czech Republic
-The documentary ”Lucky” by Anders J. Larsson about Charlotta Öfverholm
Grand finale Galaperformance
The Galaperformance is with performers from Forsythe, Complexions, Farm in the Cave, Batsheva, the Royal Swedish Ballet and Jus de la Vie: Wendy Houstoun (GB), Desmond Richardson (US), Amancio Gonzalez (DE), Jordi Cortes (ES), Rob Tannion (AU), Hana Varadzinova, Eliska Vavrikova (CZ), Talia Paz (IS), Lauri Antila, James Friedman, Dragos Mihalcea, Lindy Larsson, Tobias Hallgren and Charlotta Öfverholm (S)
Seminars and audience talks Age on stage
A seminar about the relevance of and attitudes on age in the society, the labor market, and culture in general, and specifically about age on stage as a dancer, performer and creator. A blind spot in the current cultural debate that the seminar wants to illuminate. The interest from related organisations abroad is great, which provides the seminar more depth and knowledge.